Saturday, July 25, 2009

I almost died today...

I did... it was a harrowing experience... I like saying that... it makes me feel dangerous...



Pretty, huh? I love my backyard... it makes me feel tranquil...



I love the garden... it makes me feel earthy...



Eggs...



I love Travis... he makes me feel sick... I'm really sorry about that picture... but it begged to be included in this post and I just can't seem to say no...



I love Kenneth... when he takes interesting pictures it makes me feel valued... or something like that...



Dogwood blossoms look like snow...



See?



I love my lilies... they make me feel Asiatic...



Lavender? No... Lilac... hehe... doesn't my botanical prowess amaze and astound you greatly?



So I almost died today... while digging potatoes... *dramatic pause*

Yup.

We dug potatoes with a backhoe...

Hey... there were a lot of weeds... because there's been a lot of rain... so yeah... it was Dad's idea... blame him, okay?

So we let Dad drive the backhoe... 'cause it's pretty much his backhoe... but see, he isn't really used to it yet... and the lever thingies are a bit touchy... yeah... we'll get to that later...

So Dad was using the backhoe to dig, then he'd shake the bucket thing to kinda sift through the sod and Trav and I picked up the potatoes as they fell out... it was a really good idea... and it was oh so much easier than manually digging them with a shovel thing... I'd rather face death than dig a ton of potatoes with a shovel... and when I say ton... I mean ton...

So there we were, trying to hurry because it was going to storm and we wouldn't be able to get the backhoe in the garden with it all soggy...

But see... there were those touchy levers... and when you touch a touchy lever the humongous arm goes swinging around randomly at insane speeds and tries to knock your head off... it had a mind of it's own... so there we were, picking up potatoes and dodging the backhoe arm thing and the adrenalin was going and all... it was quite exhilarating... yeah... and then the heavy fork thing falls off...

So we haphazardly stick it back on... but it's loose... really loose...

And I'm minding my own business picking up potatoes under the big heavy bucket thing when Dad starts jiggling it to knock out more potatoes and nearly drops the thing on my head...

Travis gives me an incredulous look and says something like... "You might not want to be under there while he's doing that..."

No kidding.

Aren't ya'll glad I didn't die?

Yeah... me too...

No comments:

Post a Comment