Friday, June 12, 2009

We Love Veggies!

Veggie Taaaales Veggie Taaaales Veggie Taaaales Vegg-ie Tales... Broccoli....Celery... Gotta Be... Veggie Tales!

No, wait! Come back! I won't sing anymore... I promise!

Sorry about that... I couldn't resist...

Okay... so veggies are super yummy... Oh boy... we love veggies... we eat veggies... a lot... we've had fried cabbage 5 nights in a row... I kid you not... and there are 5 heads still in my fridge... and 22 still in the garden... yeah... but anyway... cabbage tastes so good, but it also makes a great... um... hat?



My husband... the cabbage patch kid...

And radishes... oh my word... radish chips are so yummy... saute 'em in a little butter then toss 'em with some spices and stick 'em on a cookie sheet in the oven until crispy... then eat 'em...

oh yeah... they also make fabulous eyes...



Oh my...

Head and shoulders knees and toes knees and toes...



Eyes...



And ears... and mouth and...



Nose... head and shoulders knees and toes knees and toes!

No, wait! Come back! I won't sing anymore... I... um ... promise?



Well... after I sing the belly button song... then I won't sing anymore, okay?

Go eat some veggies! Or wear 'em... whatever floats yer boat!

3 comments:

  1. Kenneth McTaggartJune 12, 2009 at 11:29 AM

    WE are veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are seriously silly! I can't imagine radish juice feels too good in your eyes. I think you need a disclaimer "Don't try this at home" I can see my daughter in the ER with the doctors digging veggies out of her nose and ears.

    all those fresh veggies must be GREAT! we have yet to live in a place where we can grow a garden, but as soon as we do, I'm gonna ask you for advice.

    I thought about you today as I was cooking my whole chicken. he he. I think it's funny that you don't like to cook whole chicken. it's my favorite way to cook chicken because it's so easy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just introduced my husband to the joys of taking a salt shaker to the garden with him. Nope, it's not about the snails or slug population.

    I had him wipe off a radish right out of the garden, take a bite to split it in half, then sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!

    He said, hey, these are good. And he wondered why we planted radishes. Funny Farmboy.

    www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete