Saturday, June 13, 2009

Meet Micah

Travis and I wanted a little brother or sister but Mom and Dad were not so sure. They told us to pray. We prayed. For two years. On May 17, 2000 our prayers were answered. Micalyn Nicole entered the world.

She was so darn cute. Oh my word. I wish you could see her newborn pictures, but my printer scanner thing is malfunctioning and this was back before we owned a digital camera.



Oh goodness... Oh I can't stand it... I'm gonna cry!




Her third birthday... see... three candles... *sniff*



I'm pretty sure we'd just finished making cookies... Oh those curls...



Micah and her BFF Kaiserin (Rin) Oh that dog adores her... and she adores that dog... they are inseparable...



See?



This was my favorite outfit... the hat... oh... I miss it...



Her lightsaber facination began at an early age...



Micah and her other BFF... me!



Do you have any idea how many pictures it took to get her to smile? The look on Trav's face should give you a hint...



We three kings... Kids church christmas play... we made the camels... and the sheep... I have video... hehe



Awww...



Happy Birthday Micah! It was a jungle birthday party... that's supposed to be a snake... not a green elephant turd... um... it was my first attempt at a cake?



Micah meets my future husband and promptly decides that she is going to marry him too...



Look at those blue eyes... Christmas '06



Travis' Christmas Cards... Micah wasn't too happy about being stuck up on the roof of the chicken house... but it made a great picture!



A week before the wedding... she's trying to steal my boyfriend...



Micah and Chip playing the DS... hehe... I think this was Bre and Brishaun's birthday party '07



Micah's tea party birthday party... and the first of two broken arms that summer... (fell off Dad's work truck)



The second of two broken arms that summer... (fell off the monkey bars at Kramers during the Nevertheless concert...)



"Hiking" in Shawnee...



It's a turnip...



She likes chickens...



She does not like waking up... Fat Boy wasn't trying very hard, though...



She was a toy soldier in her first ballet "The Nutcracker" one month after starting dance at CCDE in November 2007



She has a lot of hair...



Decorating the tree...



Advertising for Orange Soda...



Waiting backstage. Midsummer Night's Dream in Princeton. She was a dragonfly... later in the year she became a butterfly.



See? Only you can't tell she's a butterfly because I was a dork and didn't take a picture of her with her costume on...

She was also a tree in Sleeping Beauty... but I forgot my camera... because I'm a dork...



Her ballet birthday party in '08... I thought a CCC would be fun... HA! Not! I hate CCCs... It was yummy though... that's all that counts, right?



Okay... so horses and ballet don't really go together... but that's Micah so we did a ballet birthday party... and rode horses... Micah riding double with her cousin Maddie on Dandy... Travis is leading them because Dandy is dork and we don't trust him...



Micah in Nashville, IN We all went there for our 2nd wedding anniversary... it's gorgeous... I love it there...



Micah and the Dumpster... there is a story... but it wants to wait to be told...



Micah was a gingerbread in the parade... I think it was a Thanksgiving parade... but I can't remember...



Tree trimming party '08... Micah showing Dad his rooster ornament...



Micah was an angel in the Nutcracker '08



She was also a Gingerbread girl...



This is very typical... for one thing... Micah LOVES those gloves... she'd wear them 24/7 if she could... and Micah LOVES Bre... so if Bre is sitting in a chair... Micah is sitting on the arm of the chair...



Hehe... she's so cute!



Cleaning up and Grandmas after the storms earlier this year...



If there is a fire... we must play in it... it's genetic...

So that's Micah... she can't really be explained in words... or even pictures... she's just that awesome. I had a very hard time limiting myself to these pictures... we have tons... and tons... and they're all awesome and then of course there are the events that I didn't get pictures of... like her soccer games and her surgery at Riley and Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland (I did get Alice pictures on my phone... but I have no idea how to get them off and into my 'puter... any ideas?)

So yeah... Micah is beautiful and talented and smart and sweet and the most selfless kid I've met. She loves animals, her family, kid's church, ballet, tomatoes, and Star Wars.



And she's goofy...

And this is a crazy long post...

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! must be fun to have a sister that much younger than you.

    As far as getting pictures off your phone, you can text them to your email address. Does your phone have a memory card slot? if so you could put the pictures on the memory card then on your computer. The easiest way is to just text them to your email though. he he.

    ReplyDelete