Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Micah!

My little sister turned nine on May 17, 2009... we celebrated her ninth birthday on May 31, 2009... why so late, you ask? Because May is apparently ballet month and she had performances or dress rehearsals every Sunday except Mother's Day... but we all know what we did on Mother's Day... so the 31 was the only day in May that would work...

Are you wondering why I am just now blogging about this event? No? Well I'll tell ya anyway... I'm a procrastinator... but... I really was going to blog about this... a week ago.... but my lovely Kenneth unloaded the memory card in our camera onto his computer... and then erased it... and then asked me "Is that okay?"! No! No it's not okay! But there really isn't anything we can do about it now, is there? Now I'm stuck with all my pictures on his computer... and his keyboard is evil... and I can't type right... and... and... *sigh* I can't stay mad at him... not even for a second... he's just so darn cute.



See? *big sigh* I love you Kenneth... but I hate your keyboard... for punishment... I'm making sauerkraut... and you shall eat it... and like it... hehe ... or I'll just eat it and make you kiss me...

Anyway. Back to the birthday thing... Micah is obsessed with Star Wars... it runs in the family... She is particularly obsessed with anything from the clone wars time period. So I made her these invitations...



See? That's the inside... it's a Republic Commando's HUD... yeah... no one else got it either... I'm just slightly obsessed with clones...

So all the little Padawans arrived at 4 ish and played in the backyard for about an hour. I had planned to play "Pin the 'saber on the Jedi" (thank you Simmering Over the Koals for the idea) and "Musical Speeders" but they were having plenty of fun on their own... I've learned to not force party games on younglings unless they need them... so they played... and then we ate cake...



That's a lightsaber... and training remote... specifically, Bao Dur's (I'm in love with Bao Dur... don't tell Kenneth)

The lightsaber is life size (meter long blade with an approx. ten inch hilt) as is the remote (ten inch diameter) Yup... I'm a geek...

Micah requested carrot cake... I love that kid... oh my word... carrot cake... (I'm in love with carrot cake w/ cream cheese icing... don't tell Kenneth) So her lightsaber is carrot cake, and since not all young people are as culinarily refined as my dear little sister... the remote is half chocolate half butter. Oh and all cream cheese buttercream... I don't do fondant... the point of cake is tasting good... right? Well fondant... is nasty... even marshmallow fondant... and I refuse to demean my cakes in such a way... Or maybe I just can't seem to get the hang of fondant...

Okay... so we ate yummy cake and yummy ice cream and then we played a bit longer...



There's Brishaun setting up the "dummy"... Micah and Brishaun go through "dummies" like crazy... Brishaun is a Ninja and Micah is a Jedi Ninja... yeah... we're a peaceful family...



Wow... Kyler is looking pretty ninja-ish... And we're advertising for Rural King... they make the best "dummies"... hehe...



Micah is vicious... she is an expert feed bag killer... is this the same kid that is training to be a ballerina?



Sure looks like it... (backstage after the Nutcracker in New Harmony... fyi)



I spent the majority of the time hogging baby Joely... I'm not a bit sorry...

Okay... back to the party... after killing the dummy... they opened presents!

From Travis and Sara...



We are slightly obsessed with Hoops and YoYo...



Nerf Ninja Swords...



A Ninja Master Set...



And... Sparklers and those poppy things you throw at people... or maybe you're not supposed to throw them at people... but we do anyway... We're a peaceful people...

From Angie and The Twins...



Psychedelic Hats...



A Talking Gerbil Card... or something like that... we like talking cards...



A Jedi Robe that Bre made... She's going to make me one too... I have robe envy...

And a bokeh that I don't have a picture of... I think that's how you spell it... a Samurai training sword?

From Kenneth and I...



Clone Wars: Vol. 2 and Barbie: Thumbelina (not pictured) She's a little excited...

From the Hatfields...



Squirt guns... lots and lots of squirt guns... Are we seeing a theme?

From Emmy...



An adorable card she made...



And lots and lots of cool art stuff...

From the McCools...



An awesome Beth Moore book... we love Beth Moore... (What's up with Micah's eyes? She's looking a bit Sith-ish... scary...)



And this adorable shirt.... "be original"... I want one...

The we went back outside and put those presents to good use...







I love this picture... and that robe... the ugly equipment in the background... not so much...



I'm sure using the fountain to refill the water guns had nothing to do with the filter getting clogged up...



This picture is blurry... but I love it... Carson is just too cute...



I'm sure this is how all families demonstrate love...



Emmy and Micah... She was dressed up as Princess Leia... it was too cute....



Someone got a hold of my camera... Kenneth cut off my legs... but he did not escape unscathed... looks like Micah is going to stab me in the back... she has no honor... And Harmony has taken up residence on the trampoline to escape Skittles, the over exuberant and over sized puppy...



Throwing those exploding poppy things at each other...

After the kids were all worn out... we ate...



The Food...



The Fire...



Roasting and Reclining...

The food was good... Everyone except for the twins went home... we fed the "livestock"... and changed clothes...








And played flashlight tag until the wee hours of the morning... it was fun...

Happy Birthday Micah! Love you, you little ninja jedi mando'ad squirt!

Re'turcye mhi!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That was the most amazing sets of cakes EVER!

    www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete