Saturday, April 18, 2009

Is God telling me I need to get back on my diet and be healthy?

Okay... so we all know about Bessie, right? Well, if you don't... that's okay... you're better off not knowing... really... So yeah... in addition to Bessie... last Saturday... around 5 pm my eyes started burning and being irritable so I took out my contacts... the burning did not stop... I dealt with it until 10 or so when Sara (my soon to be sister-in-law) gave me some theratears or something like that... so I stuck a million of those things in my eye... my left eye... the right one had been peachy since the initial burning... they didn't work. Oh well... we ate and went to bed....

The next morning... Easter Sunday... the day we were supposed to go to my husband's grandmother's house... I wake up and my eye is so swollen I can barely open it... it HURTS! I get it open, take a shower, desperately put those fake tears in it... all to no avail... Kenneth (my amazing and entirely too... um... cute... husband) went out looking for something that would make it better... he came back with some sort of drops... I put the drops in my eye... the he said we had to go...

But see, I couldn't go... I was wearing my glasses... yeah... and I didn't have even eyeliner on!? It hurt too bad... and I'd look awfully silly with one eye pretty and one eye a puffed up monster... so yeah... he made me go... I wanted to cry... well, I was already tearing up from the irritation... but I wanted to cry from the horror of it... these poor people had never seen me like this! What would they think?! I should've taken a picture... it was grotesque...

So we went... and I just kinda sat on the steps and watched everyone play washers... and the little people kept giving me candy because they felt sorry for me because my eyes were watering... and everyone was really nice and didn't say out loud that I looked hideous... and I know I did because when I asked Kenneth about it he said... "It's okay... you can't help it..." yeah... I really do love my husband... hehe So we finally left... normally I enjoy spending time with his grandparents... they're sooo sweet... but I had a headache and my eye was becoming increasingly swollen... by the time we got home, it was so swollen Mom called the eye doctor... and he agreed to see me at 8:45... I felt really bad... poor guy... but he's been my eye doctor since 1st grade so he understands... I hope...

So I go to the Dr. and he's like wow that's a lot of irritation... only he didn't say it like that because he's got this super calm quiet thing going on and nothing gets him too excited... except that really bad eye infection I had a while back... but that's another story... Basically, my eye was mysteriously annoyed and on the verge of, if not already, infected. So he prescribed 62.00 antibiotics... yeah... for a tiny little bottle of eyedrops... and set me up for an appointment on Tuesday.

Tuesday my eye has not healed sufficiently so he was going to prescribe 50.00 steriods but gave me a sample instead. Apparently the swelling around my eye, my eyelids and such was gone but my actual eye was still swollen. So I'm putting a million very expensive drops in my eye several times a day. I'm feeling very sorry for myself... I haven't worn my contacts or makeup in a week... it's a traumatic experience, let me assure you...

On top of the eye drama, since I've been putting these drops in my eye I have been extraordinarily dizzy and nauseated... maybe it's related... I don't know... but I want to be better again... I'm seriously thinking this is God's way of forcing me back on my healthy diet... I've been consuming an awful lot of HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)... bad Gwen...

Yup... I've been sick... and I'm sick of it... and the computer screen is making me woozy so I'm going to say goodbye...

Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Gwen,
    did you eye clear up finally? You're not allergic to your husband, are you? Kidding.

    KelliSue
    www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete